We offer a Bullying Prevention and Intervention Course which is also included under DCU’s Partnership for Learning: Programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Cooperating Schools. This course is most suitable for school principals and teachers, but it may be beneficial to youth workers, social workers, healthcare professionals and those interested in bullying prevention and intervention in educational settings.
The course is designed and delivered by Dr. Seline Keating. It is an online course with one compulsory face-to-face workshop. Participants have ten weeks to complete the online component of the course, at their own pace. The face-to-face workshop takes place on a Saturday, usually in week 4 of the course (9:30-1:30pm) in DCU Institute of Education, St. Patrick’s Campus, Drumcondra.
The course content comprises of the following topics:
- Defining Bullying (e.g. cyberbullying, identity-based bullying)
- The Bullying Circle
- DE Circular (0032/2021) and Anti-Bullying Policy Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools (2013)
- How to evaluate a school’s Anti-Bullying Measures e.g. Nuts and Bolts Reflective Framework
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Strategies
- Anti-Bullying Research Programmes e.g. Gender Equality Matters (GEM) and FUSE
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Resources, Methodologies and Support